Fire Alarm System Designer
Location: Arvada, CO or Colorado Springs, CO
Do you enjoy solving complex problems, thinking outside of the box and working on unique projects? Would you like to work for a company with high integrity, who values their employees and knows how to have fun? Do you have experience in fire alarm system design and layout, have excellent communication skills and enjoy interacting with clients? If so, we may have the perfect position for you…
We are a MEP engineering, technology and life safety firm that works across several markets. The Fire Alarm System Designer will be responsible for the design and specification of fire alarm systems in a variety of occupancy types.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Design and drafting in AutoCAD and Revit of fire alarm systems and related components in a variety of occupancy types.
- Specification of fire alarm notification and detection equipment and devices.
- Professionally represent BCER and effectively support company strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate permit submittals and comment responses swiftly and efficiently.
- Communicate effectively with the internal and external project teams, including the end-client to ensure project status and any changes are known to all involved parties.
- Develop and increase client relationships.
- Conducts the planning, development, and preparation of fire alarm system construction and permit documents.
Here’s what you need to be successful:
- Highly proficient working in AutoCAD or Revit.
- NICET certification highly desirable.
- At least five (5) years practical fire alarm design work or equivalent.
Additional desired qualifications:
- General understanding of ICC Codes and NFPA Standards related to fire protection and life safety systems.
- Strong written, technical and interpersonal skills, commitment to client service.
- Ability to work in a supportive team environment and collaborate closely with other staff.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively perform and make decisions in a fast paced and a constantly changing schedule/timeline.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
More about this position:
- This position pays a competitive salary + excellent benefit package to include health, dental, vision, DTO, 401k & paid holidays.
- This position may work in the Arvada or Colorado Springs office.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to the address below:
Attn: Human Resources
5240 Ward Road, Suite 200
Arvada, CO 80002