Whether an organization is pursuing accreditation for the first time or is working toward continued readiness and process improvement, BCER can offer an array of service to improve Life Safety and Environment of Care compliance and survey preparation.
BCER surveys organizations based on a comprehensive accreditation checklist derived from the applicable accreditation agencies elements of performance, NFPA 101, IFC and the IBC. These items typically include, but are not limited to:
- Life safety systems management program and documentation review
- MEP maintenance program and documentation review
- Life safety drawing review
- Above the ceiling and wall penetration inspections
- Fire door inspection
- Room pressurization compliance
- Review of medical equipment maintenance program
- Environment of Care program review
- Overall impression of the physical environment
For newly Constructed Healthcare facilities BCER can provide the following services:
- Evaluate the environment before, during, and after construction.
- Evaluate as-built Life Safety drawings for compliance with Joint Commission standards and CMS Conditions of Participation.
- Field verify compliance with NFPA 101 after occupancy is granted.
- Help guide safe building design and new construction to help achieve compliance with the life safety code, infection prevention, and operational workflow during and after construction.
- Assist with pre-construction, infection prevention risk assessments, and interim life safety measures assessments.