Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Melbourne, FL or St. Petersburg, FL
BCER is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for applying advanced mechanical engineering principles and practices across a broad spectrum of facility design. This position includes providing advanced technical direction for a team of mechanical engineers and production staff and may include Program Management and related duties. This position reports to our Director of Mechanical Engineering.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Providing our clients with The Most Satisfying Client Experience in our Industry by:
- Making using of your advanced, extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to execute medium to large-scale complex engineering projects that will meet and exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Delivering your projects in keeping with The BCER Way (operational initiatives and procedures, design controls and guidelines, processes, standardization, etc.), ensuring that your projects are executed with the Care, Quality, and Expertise that our clients expect on every BCER project.
- Providing QA/QC review and PE stamping of project deliverables prior to issuance.
- Ensuring that you and your engineering team are proactively, clearly, and effectively communicating with our clients, design teams, and contractors throughout each project.
- Serving as a technical liaison to individuals internal and external to BCER with responsibility to act independently on behalf of BCER regarding technical matters.
- Working closely with The Director of Mechanical Engineering to:
- Mentor, train, and support engineering and production staff.
- Coordinate staff workload and schedules, while ensuring efficient utilization for the engineering and production staff assigned to your projects.
- Provide thought leadership on the continuing development, implementation, and management of The BCER Way as it pertains to your engineering discipline.
- Assist with the continuing development, implementation and consistent use of engineering design standards, details, specifications, etc.
- Assist with departmental management and administration as needed.
- When serving as a Project Manager or Project Lead Engineer:
- Ensure that our Project Management initiatives are being effectively implemented and that your projects are being Actively Managed to Scope.
- Proactively engage with the staff assigned to your projects in order to be aware of project and individual work status, particularly as it relates to employee well-being, project cost and schedule, staff resourcing, and risk management.
- Forecast staffing requirements and allocations based upon workload and skillsets for your projects, and proactively manage to those forecasts.
- Plan, organize, and supervise the work of the engineers and designers on your team.
- Assisting with Business Development:
- Engage with our Marketing Department to coordinate and execute Business Development (BD) and Marketing initiatives as they relate to your engineering discipline.
- Assist our Marketing Department and Project Managers with proposal and fee development.
- Professionally represent BCER through active engagement in the A/E industry.
- Serve as a Client Champion for your key clients.
Here’s what you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
- Prior experience providing technical leadership to a team of engineers and designers.
- At least fifteen (15) years of facility design experience, including the preparation of engineering drawings and specifications, assisting clients during the bidding process, and providing construction administration services.
- Significant experience with facility design specific to healthcare, including working knowledge of healthcare construction codes and standards (NFPA 99, NFPA 100, ASHRAE, etc.).
- Significant experience designing and/or project managing medium to large-scale complex renovations and new construction projects.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications as well as experienced presentation capabilities.
- Absolute commitment to providing our clients with The Most Satisfying Client Experience in our Industry.
Here’s a few other things that will help you in this position:
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit, as well as various mechanical design software programs.
- External recognition (within the region) as a subject matter expert (SME) with regards to mechanical engineering principles and practices.
- Being self-motivated and able to work independently and with multiple priorities.
- The ability to effectively perform and make decisions in a fast paced and a constantly changing environment.
MORE ABOUT THIS POSITION
This position provides a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401k, and a generous Discretionary Time Off (DTO) policy, which is inclusive of time off for vacation, holidays, illness, etc., provided as needed without a pre-defined annual limit.
This position will be based out of either of our two Florida offices, Melbourne or St. Petersburg.