Tointon Academy of Pre-Engineering
In 2022, BCER provided IT engineering services for a new pre-k through 8th grade school with a planned capacity of 900 students. An elementary school with a focus on pre-engineering provided many unique opportunities for the design team. These included multiple open-to-structure locations, building wing connection pathways, and a full-size airplane hanging in the cafeteria. Open and clear questions on design requirements between the design team and owner group was the foundation behind producing the best product possible.
- Interior and exterior cameras.
- Security access systems (card readers, door hardware coordination, etc.).
- Security intrusion systems (exterior system contacts, glass break, and door monitoring).
- Multiple telecom room locations supporting communications technology for four (4) wings and two (2) stories.
- Implementation and coordination of owner audiovisual classroom voice lift systems.
- Design of large-scale presentation area in open two-story cafeteria space.
- Conference room design.
- Building-wide digital signage integrated into district management system.
Two-way Communications Design for the Area of Refuge:
- Including support and performance specifications for elevator safety communications.
- Two-way IP communications for all classrooms and common areas.
- Synchronized clock systems throughout the building.